The retro tie piece is finished.
Although, I’m not as pleased with the execution of this piece compared to the others I’ve done. This is the result:
The issues with this piece include:
- the fabric backing isn’t taut enough
- the frame didn’t take well to the staple gun & staples
I tacked the fabric backing to the frame itself. I have done this before with the very first clothing collage I made, but the frame it’s in is rock solid. The frame for this snazzy retro tie is smaller, thinner and not as hefty (cheaper). The staples sort of bit through the frame. I have a feeling that had I stapled the fabric to the very outer edge of the frame instead of the inner edge (where the glass sits), it would have taken better. We’ll try it different next time, after all, I’ve got 29 more to go!
I borrowed one of my husbands vintage tie clips to complete the look.
After all is said and done, this piece doesn’t have many elements to it, is simple, the colors pop, but it’s not quite ready for display because of the problems encountered during the process.
Psst, this is a picture of my favorite piece yet.
Take a peek at some of the research I’ve done. A goal of mine during this project is to accurately represent vintage pieces with other elements from the same time period & trend period. I know fashion, but not really anything this deep yet!